I am sharing an easy to prepare vegan-friendly power milkshake packed with superfoods, that can be a substitute for any meal or breakfast. My recipe includes Apples, Dates, Pistachios, Cashews, flaxseeds, almonds, cardamom, poppy seeds, plant based milk/ dairy milk and maple syrup/honey/sugar.
This power milkshake is energy boosting and antioxidant packed with minimum calories and good fats. The word “superfoods” is a loosely defined term and different sources cite Apples, Dates, nuts, flaxseeds as most common superfoods. The main qualification for a superfood is the variety of essential nutrients and antioxidants these foods provide without any adverse health effects.
I have tried this recipe with dairy milk and alternatives like plant based milks (almond, soy, coconut, rice, oats). The milkshake taste varies based on the types of milk used but any type of milk can be used for this recipe as they all produce a tasty and nutrient rich milkshake.
Poppy seeds are an optional ingredient and it helps with a smooth and earthy taste with fruitiness. In addition to providing proteins, fiber and calcium. Poppy seeds also make the milkshake more filling.
A pinch of green Cardamom powder adds a nice aroma and freshness to the milkshake. This is also optional.
Please try this recipe and if you like it, please share with your friends. I would appreciate if you can leave your feedback with any suggestions and comments.
Power Milkshake with fruits and nuts
An easy to prepare vegan milkshake packed with superfoods, that can be a substitute for any meal or breakfast. Recipe includes Apples, Dates, Pistachios, Cashews, flaxseeds, almonds, cardamom, poppy seeds, plant based milk and maple syrup. This milkshake is energy boosting and antioxidant packed with minimum calories and good fats.
Blend all the ingredients
- Using a blender, grind all the dry ingredients (including dates) into a fine powder
- Remove the seeds from the apples and cut into small pieces. You may remove the skin from apples if you prefer.
- Add the apple pieces, milk, maple syrup/honey to the blender jar which already has the powdered dry ingredients
- Blend on high speed until you get a smooth mixture
Serving the milkshake
- Serve fresh with a topping of powdered pistachios and almonds
- Add ice cubes to chill the milkshake
- I prefer to have the milkshakes when they are freshly prepared as the color and texture changes if stored in the refrigerator.