I am sharing a simple recipe for Arugula salad that can be prepared in 15 minutes. A perfect recipe for a weekday dinner when you don’t want the hassle of planning something elaborate to eat.
Arugula ( also known as Rocket) is a leafy vegetable and has a unique tart, bitter, and peppery flavor. The freshness and crunch make it an ideal vegetable for salads or sandwiches. To make this salad tasty, we need to add some other ingredients that can balance the bitterness of the arugula. My recipe includes apple cider vinegar dressing ( sweet and sour taste), shaved parmesan, walnuts, and apples, which balance the bitter taste of arugula.
There is no elaborate cooking involved here and hence you can make this salad in under 15 minutes.
I hope you will enjoy this recipe. Please leave your comments and suggestions.
Easy Arugula salad with Apple cider vinegar dressing
A basic recipe for Arugula Salad with Apples, Walnuts, and apple cider vinegar dressing
Salad and toppings
Apple cider vinegar dressing
- Take a mixing bowl and blend all the ingredients as mentioned in the "apple cider vinegar dressing" section, using a whisk.
- The dressing can be refrigerated for about a week
Prepare the toppings
- Toast the walnuts in a pan on medium heat. Keep stirring. It May take about 7-8 minutes ( Dry Roast them until the walnuts start to change color).
- Chop the apple into thin slices of 1 mm thickness and 1-2 inch length
- Make sure to get a uniform size and shape of the apple slices
Prepare the salad
- Clean and dry the arugula leaves
- Take a salad mixing bowl and add the arugula leaves.
- Pour the dressing
- Gently mix the salad so that the dressing coats all the arugula leaves
Serving the salad
- When you are ready to serve, divide the arugula salad into desired portions in the serving plates/bowls
- Top it with apple slices and walnuts
- Other optional toppings: Cranberries, raisins, roasted almonds, chopped dried apricots
- Add shaved parmesan on top
The salad needs to be served fresh once the dressing has been added to arugula leaves, else the salad will turn soggy.