Strawberry compote is a flavorful fresh fruit topping that can enhance a dessert by complementing it with a flavourful sweet and sour taste. Strawberry compote can be a perfect complement for pancakes, bread toasts, cake toppings, crepes, ice cream, yogurt, whipped cream, waffles, french toast, or cheesecake.
The bright red color of the strawberry compote is a feast to the eyes. This recipe can be adapted to different types of fruits like blueberries, grapes, or peaches. The secret to making a perfect fruit compote lies in the ripe fruits that are fresh and fragrant. It is also important to maintain the right balance of sugar and fruit quantities in order to get the right consistency.
I have used the following ingredients for the Strawberry compote :
- Fresh strawberries
- Granulated sugar
- Lemon juice
- Cinnamon stick & Cloves ( optional)
The process involves bringing the fruit and sugar mixture to a boil until all the sugar has melted and fruit pieces have completely softened. We can prepare the strawberry compote in advance and store it for a few days in the refrigerator.
I hope you will find this recipe helpful and tasty. Please rate this recipe. If you have liked it, please share it with your friends. For more updates on new recipes, please subscribe.
How to make Strawberry compote
An easy-to-prepare fruit sauce that adds flavor and aroma to many dishes.
For Strawberry sauce (compôte)
To prepare Strawberry Compote / sauce
- Clean the strawberries and cut each strawberry into 4 parts
- Add all the ingredients listed to a thick-bottomed saucepan and heat on medium flame.
- Keep stirring so that the sugar mixes with the fruits uniformly and doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan.
- The sugar melts and brings together the strawberry pieces into a smooth sauce.
- Let the mixture come to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and let the mixture simmer for about 10 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and let the sauce cool.
- Transfer the strawberry compote to a storage container and refrigerate.
- The compote can be stored for a few weeks if stored in an air tight container.