Sautéed Spinach-Mushroom Salad is a flavorful and healthy salad that combines fresh vegetables, greens and mushrooms for lunch or dinner.
Shiitake mushrooms are one of the most savory, meaty flavored mushrooms around and when sauteed to perfection they are a perfect complement to any salad or pasta dish. Packed with fibers and nutrition, the shiitake mushrooms lend an added taste and texture to this recipe. The recipe also includes fresh spinach and cherry tomatoes with garlic and sauces. Easy to prepare, Sautéed Spinach-Mushroom Salad takes about 30 mts to prepare.
Sautéed Spinach-Mushroom Salad
Sautéed Spinach-Mushroom Salad combines the nutrition of different vegetables and shiitake mushrooms to create a complete lunch or dinner in minutes.
Sautee the Shiitake mushrooms
- Clean the shiitake mushrooms thoroughly and remove all moisture by pressing them with a paper or cloth towel.,
Keep a skillet over medium-high heat, and sauté half of the olive oil and the sliced and cleaned shiitake mushrooms.
- Keep tossing the mushrooms every 30 seconds for about 10 minutes or until all the liquid from the mushrooms is evaporated
- Now add the thick soy sauce, chili sauce, and half of the prescribed salt, and pepper
- Stir well until the mushrooms are coated uniformly with the sauces.
Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly. Transfer the mushrooms to a plate
Sauté the spinach and cherry tomatoes
- Keep the same skillet over medium-high heat, and sauté the remaining half of the olive oil and the chopped garlic pods
- Once the garlic pieces start to change color, add the crushed red pepper, black pepper powder and mix well.
- Now add the Cherry tomatoes (sliced in halves) and saute them for a couple of minutes
- Next add the spinach and close the lid of the skillet. Keep the heat on low.
- Remove the lid after a couple of minutes and stir well. Stir until the spinach leaves start to shrivel and the entire spinach is reduced to less than half of its original quantity.
Remove from heat and transfer to a plate
- Take two serving plates.
- Divide the sauteed spinach and tomatoes into both plates
- Top the spinach with the sauteed mushrooms
- Sprinkle sunflower seeds or chopped almonds if you desire.